Epsom Salt is hydrated magnesium sulfate, is a natural fertilizer that can be used in your garden. This can be used in plants that have magnesium deficiency which can help plants grow and thrive.
Benefits of Epsom Salt
- Gives the leaf of the plant have a greener color.
- Cannot damage the soil since it’s PH Neutral
- Enhances nutrient absorption
- Enhances seed germination
- Can kill post pests
- Can make fruit sweeter
Signs of Magnesium Deficiency in Plants such as tomatoes, peppers, pechay and roses
How to use Epsom Salt?
Note: Before you use Epsom salt to your plant, you need to test your soil’s magnesium content to see if additional magnesium in necessary.
Foliar Application on Plants
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of Epsom Salt into 1 liter of water Stir well to dissolve salt.
- Pour the solution into spray bottle.
- Spray unto leaves.
- Apply once a month on your plants.
Application of Epsom Salt for Pest Control
Sprinkle Epsom salt near your plants that you wish to protect from slugs.
Application of Epsom Salt as a non-toxic Weed Killer
Mix 2 cups of Epsom salt to 4 liters of vinegar and ¼ dish washing liquid soap. Spray unto unwanted grass.